Below is a list of links to soil science meetings; please notify us of other meetings.
IUSS Conference to celebrate the International Year of Soils and the 350th Anniversary of Christian Albrechts University.
Soil functions and climate change- do we underestimate the consequences of new disequilibria in soil properties? SUSTAIN
Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany, 23-25.Sept. 2015. http://www.soils.uni-kiel.de/de/sustain-2015
- International Conference "Soils sustain life: too slow to form, too quick to lose", Tirana, Albania 4-7 May 2015 http://icos.org.al/
- ISMOM 2015 (Interactions of Soil Minerals with Organic Components and Microorganisms), Comission 2.5 IUSS, 5 - 10 July 2015, Montreal, Canada. Details at: http://ismom2015.conference.mcgill.ca/index0f50.html
- Inaugural workshop on digital soil morphometrics, 1-4 June 2015, Madison USA. Details at http://digitalsoilmorphometrics.org/
- Land Quality and Landscape Processes Conference and Workshops. University of Pannonia / Joint Research Centre /European Environmental Agency / Chinese Academy of Sciences. Keszthely. Hungary. 2-4 June 2015.
- The 29th Congress of the Polish Soil Science Society, "Soil Resources and Sustainable Development", Wroclaw, on August 31- September 3, 2015. http://www.org.up.wroc.pl/igosr/PTG29/index_a.html
- Pedometrics 2015. 15- 18 September 2015. Cordoba, Spain
- 5th International Symposium on SOIL ORGANIC MATTER. September 20-24, 2015, Göttingen, Germany, www.som2015.org
Planet Under Pressure, 26-29 March 2012, London, UK.
XIX Latin American Congress and XXIII Argentine Congress of Soil Science, 16-20 April 2012, Mar del Plata, Argentina www.congresodesuelos.org.ar
The Fifth Global Workshop on Digital Soil Mapping, 10-13 April 2012 Sydney, Australia
PEDOFRACT VII : International Workshop on Scaling in Particulate and Porous Media: Modeling and Use in Predictions, 14- 17 May 2012 Coruna, Spain
Symposium on “Soil Science Through History” at the European Geosciences Union General Assembly in Vienna, Austria from April 22-27.
The 8th International Symposium Agro Environ, 1 - 4 May 2012 Wageningen, the Netherlands
IUSS Inter-Congress Council Meeting, 3-8 June 2012 Jeju, Korea
17th International Nitrogen Workshop 26 - 29 June 2012, Wexford, Ireland.
International Conference on Soil Classification: Towards a Universal Soil Classification System, 11-14 June 2012 Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
EuroSOIL 2-6 July 2012, Bari, Italy
Second international Conference on Hydropedology, 22-27 July 2012 Leipzig, Germany
VI Congress of the Dokuchaev Soil Science Society. Petrozavodsk, 13-17 August 2012. For more information email
7th International Acid Sulfate Soil Conference, 26-31 August 2012 Vaasa, Finland.
8th international symposium on plant soil interaction at low pH, University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, INDIA 18-22 October 2012 www.8thpsilph.org.in
International Workshop “Mediterranean palaeosols: evidence of the continuous interplay between climatic and event driven pedogenesis, with a special focus on the role played by dust inputs”, 10-12 October 2012 in Florence, Italy. See website
International Workshop “Rates of soil forming processes – achievements, challenges, research gaps”, 5-8 November 2012 in Charlotte (North Carolina, USA). See website
Soil solutions for diverse landscapes 2-7 December, Hobart, Australia
- First International Controlled Traffic Farming Conference, 25– 27 February 2013. Empire Theatre, Toowoomba, Australiawww.actfa.net
- 13th ISSPA (International Symposium on Soil and Plant Analysis) Queenstown New Zealand,7th -12th April 2013. www.isspa2013.com
- 3rd Global Workshop on Proximal Sensing, 26‐29 May 2013. Pstdam, Germany. www.atb-potsdaem.de.gwpss2013
- IUSS Global Soil Carbon Workshop, 3-6 June 2013, Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Website
- LuWQ2013, International Interdisciplinary Conference on Land Use and Water Quality: Reducing Effects of Agriculture; 10-13 June 2013, The Hague, the Netherlands, http://www.luwq2013.nl/
- XVII Conference of the International Soil Conservation Organization (ISCO) “Environmental Sustainability through Soil Conservation”, 08 - 12 July 2013, Medellin, Colombia
- XIIth International Symposium and Field Workshop on Paleopedology, 10-15 August 2013, Kursk & Voronezh regions, Russia. Website: paleopedology.msu.ru/paleopedology2013
- Pedometrics 2013 Conference, Nairobi, Kenya 26-31 August 2013 https://sites.google.com/a/cgxchange.org/pedometrics2013/
- Soil-Waste-Water 2013 workshop, 3-5 April 2014 in Landau, Germany. www.soil-waste-water.de
- The International Conference Four Decades of Progress in Monitoring and Modeling of Processes in the Soil-Plant-Atmosphere System: Applications and Challenges, Naples (Italy), 19-20 June 2013. http://www.spa-conference-naples2013.org.
- The 6th Annual International ESP (Ecosystem Service Partnership) Conference 2013, 26-30 August 2013, Bali, Indonesia. http://www.espconference.org/ESP_Conference
- Commission 3.6 conference "Utilization and protection of halophytes and salt-affected landscapes" 4-6 September 2013, Kecskemét, Hungary http://members.iif.hu/tot3700/salinityconferencehungary2013.html
- 7th Int. Conference on Urban Soils, SUITMA7, 16-20 September 2013, Torun, Poland. www.suitma7.umk.pl
- 22nd Soil Forming Factors and Processes from the Temperate Zone symposium, 20-22 September 2013, Laşi, Romania. www.soilscience.ro
- Workshop "Rates of Soil Forming Processes in Mediteranean Climate", 24-28 September 2013, Calabria and Basilicata, South Italy. Website: https://ppsg2011.uni-hohenheim.de/94442
- First International Conference on Global Food Security, 29 September - 2 October 2013, Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands http://www.globalfoodsecurityconference.com/
- Soils in Space in Time - First Divisional 1 Conference of IUSS, September 30th – October 4th 2013, , Ulm/Danube, Germany. https://iuss-division1.uni-hohenheim.de/
- Workshop on Soils and Dust in the Mediterranean, 4-5 October 2013, Ulm/Germany, organized in the frame of the First Division 1 Conference “Soils in Space in Time” https://ppsg2011.uni-hohenheim.de/84832
- The 10th Meeting of the Brazilian Chapter (EBSH) of the International Humic Substances Society (IHSS) October 14 – 18, 2013, in Santo Antônio de Goiás, Brazil with theme “Natural Organic Matter and Environmental Quality” http://www.cnpaf.embrapa.br/eventos/xebsh/
- GlobalSoilMap Conference, 7-9 October 2013, Orléans, France https://colloque.inra.fr/globalsoilmap2013/
- 11th International Conference of the East and Southeast Asia Federation of Soil Science Societies (ESAFS), 21 - 24th October 2013, Bogor, West Java, Indonesiawww.esafs11ina.org
- ASA, CSA, SSSA Annual Meetings, Tampa, Florida (3-6 November 2013) www.acsmeetings.org
20th World Congress of Soil Science, Jeju Island, South Korea. Soils Embrace Life and Universe
20th World Congress of Soil Science will be held at the International Convention Center Jeju (ICC Jeju) on Jeju Island, Korea, from June 8th to 13th, 2014. The theme of the conference is Soils Embrace Life and Universe, and the congress is also a celebration of 90 years IUSS. Jeju is an oval-shaped volcanic island with 1,950 meter Halla Mountain in the middle. Jeju is known for its unique volcanic features making the entire island a volcanic museum. Numerous species of plants from polar to subtropical abound, which make it a treasure trove of nearly 1,800 varieties. The website of the 20th World Congress of Soil Science (WCSS) is www.20wcss.org and you will find valuable information and announcement by the Organizing Committee. We cordially invite you to join us and be part of the 20th World Congress of Soil Science. We hope that you will take this chance to explore one of the most exciting and wonderful countries in the world. We are looking forward to seeing you on Jeju Island. For further information see www.20wcss.org or e-mail
- 20th World Congress of Soil Science, Jeju Island, South Korea, June 8th to 13th, 2014. Theme: Soils Embrace Life and Universe
- Soil Change Matters, Bendigo, Australia, 24-27 March 2014.
- The Carbon Management, Technology and Trade Conference 4-6 April 2014, İstanbul, Turkey. www.Carbonmeetings.com
- Soil-Waste-Water workshop 3-5 April 2014 Landau Germany www.soil-waste-water.de
- European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly April 27 – May 2 2014, Vienna
The 12th French days of soil studies (Journées d’Etude des Sols) will take place in Chambéry (French Alps) from 30th June to 4th
July 2014. Call for papers is open till 15th
April. Field tours are available on 30th
June and 4th
July. The official language of the conference is French. French speaking students and young researchers from foreign countries may apply for a grant at: http://www.afes.fr/bourses.php
- XII Congress of the Croatian Society of Soil Science Dubrovnik, September 22-26, 2014. www.congress-csss.org
- Soil-Forming Processes and their Rates: Invitation to Workshop and Field Trip in the Mojave Desert, 26-31 Oct 2014. Organized by IUSS Commission 1.6 and INQUA Project Group RAISIN; contact: Eric Mc Donald (Desert Research Institute, Reno, NV,
) and Daniela Sauer (TU Dresden, Germany,
). Registration and abstract submission: 5 Aug – 20 Sep through the website: https://ppsg2011.uni-hohenheim.de/84878
- Turkish Soil science Society (SSST) and the Eurasian Federation of Soil Science Societies: 9th International Soil Science Congress on “The Soul of Soil and Civilization”, in Side, Antalya / Turkey on October 14 – 16, 2014 www.soil2014.com
- 6th Global Workshop on Digital Soil Mapping, 11-14 November, 2014, Nanjing, China. http://dsm2014.csp.escience.cn
- XX Latinoamerican Soil Science Congress will be organized by the Latinoamerican Soil Science Society (SLCS) and the Peruvian Soil Science Society (SPCS) in Cuzco Peru from 9-15 November 2014. www.xxcongresolatinoamericanodesuelosperu.org
- First Global Soil Biodiversity Conference - Assessing soil biodiversity and its role for ecosystem services, Dijon, France, 2-5 December 2014.
- ASA, CSSA, SSSA Annual Meetings, Long Beach, California, USA, 2-5 November 2014.