Division 2, Soil Biology Commission - Division 3, Paddy Soil Working Group
Division 2, Soil Biology Commission, vice chair Dr Susumu Asakawa
and Division 3, Paddy Soil Working Group, chair Dr Mizuhiko Nishida (joint)
- Annual meeting of Japanese Society of Soil Microbiology (JSSM) and Open Special Forum on the occasion of International Year of Soil “Soil Microorganisms for Life”
- A joint symposium entitled “Research frontiers on microbiological and biochemical processes in paddy soil”
When & Where
- May 22-23, 2015 at Tsukuba Epochal in Tsukuba, Japan
- September 18-21, 2015 at The 12th International Conference on The East and Southeast Asia Federation of Soil Science Societies (ESAFS) in Nanjing, China
- JSSM was founded in 1954 in Japan to promote investigations of Soil Microbiology under mutual cooperation between the scientists. We aim to increase agricultural production and environmental conservation through our activity. In the Open Special Forum, we will present how soil microorganism important for life to create soil and keep harmony with the environment.
- Rice cultivation in flooded paddy fields is a good and important system of crop production in the monsoon area of Asian countries. In this symposium, recent topics about latest studies on microbiology and biochemistry of paddy soil will be discussed, including environmental issues, nutrient cycling and soil fertility, for the better understanding of the microbiological and biochemical processes in paddy soil.